CALL FOR PAPERS
The forthcoming infrastructure for communications, sensing, and storing of digital information, together with the incipient ICT-based services converge to create an exceptional opportunity time for addressing challenging needs of the health systems of the future. This conference will be looking at the dawn of a new age of the e-Health science and technologies. It will do so understanding future Internet as the enabling substratum.
e-Health has become a central element for the implementation of solutions demanded by the provision of health in our societies. It is a multidisciplinary field where expertise on biomedicine, nursing, psychology, public policy and administration, education, engineering in several disciplines and computing converges. The topic is deceivingly vast and consequently we are seeking to attract a multidisciplinary audience with special focus on the harnessing of Future Internet e-Health infrastructure and services. Contributions are welcomed in the following or related topics:
- Full health coverage; prevention, diagnosing, treatment and monitoring
- Knowledge distribution and appropriation
- Support to and coordination of logistic distribution of health services
- Health systems managing and administration
- Well-being support
- Intelligent operating theatre
- Support to evidence-based medicine
- Data mining, knowledge discovery and big data
- Safety and privacy
- Ambient intelligence
- Sensors and devices; integration and internet of things
- Cloud storing and recovery
- Processing over the Internet; remote control.
- Communications; 4G/5G, etc.
The emphasis will be in pragmatic short and mid-term knowledge, but visionary long-term contributions will be welcomed. Focus is on scientific contributions, but development and applications of technologies will also be considered.
- Initial Submission: 15 January, 2016
- Notification: 29 February, 2016
- Camera-Ready: 25 March, 2016
- Full paper length: 6 - 12 pages
- Short paper length: 2 - 4 pages
- Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three expert reviewers.
- Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal.
- Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted.
For more details on paper submission please go to Initial Submission
For more details on paper formating please go to Author's Kit
Accepted papers will be published in the FI-eHealth 2016 Conference Proceedings and will be submitted for publication by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST).
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
A special issue of ACM/Springer MONET will be allocated for selected papers of FI-eHEALTH 2016 Conference. In addition, recommended authors will be considered for inclusion in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet.